Friday, July 16, 2010

Would you stay at this California Vacation Home rental? Improvement suggestions?

Hi(:%26gt;) Help! %26amp; be Honest here...Any suggestions for improvement on this ad or the features offered? Would you stay here? what strikes you as positive vs negative about it or this home?


http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/33316


I'm having a hard time renting this place. Its SOO beautiful and in a great location (just 15 minutes from disneyland, Knotts AND the Beach. not to mention everything else(lol)!) AND its one of the better priced rentals but i'm just not getting as many inquirers as i was recieving last year %26amp; for the life of me i dont know why!


Im sure the economy scare thats been going on has alot to do with it but still if there IS anything i could improve upon on my side i'd sure appreciate knowing(:%26gt;) I Cannot emphasize enough: Any suggestions would be appreciated!!! THANKS!





p.s. Everybody that has stayed here has just totally fallen in LOVE with the house so i really think the weakness is more in my writing skills(lol). But inputs still appreciated(=D)!Would you stay at this California Vacation Home rental? Improvement suggestions?
Hi -- your ad's fine, although I find the place too frilly for my taste. I am sure a lot of people would like it fine.





The recession is very real. Business is down everywhere. People have been stranded as FOUR airlines have gone Chapter 11 in the last two weeks! The statistics are showing that Americans are taking local vacations this year to save on gas and lodgings. I just read a few moments ago that oil prices momentarily hit yet another record high overnight before dropping back a little.





So it's real, and not just a scare, I am afraid.





And the dollar is in the tank.





Here's my advice: advertise to other countries, where the dollar is now cheap. People are coming over here from the UK, Europe, and Asia. The economy in Brazil is flying high. They will have enough money to do this, while Americans cannot this year and maybe for a couple of years. Put your ad on craigslist in London or somewhere in Ireland and see what develops.





Good luck, I think your ad is perfect.Would you stay at this California Vacation Home rental? Improvement suggestions?
Join the party , here in SW Florida it's the same, rentals are slow unless you price them really low, Winter months are even slow. It's the times hang in there and try to find other sites to put it on for more exposure, also check out other rentals in the area for price comps and ideas.
Add pictures of the outside of the house as well as a few more pictures of other rooms. I can not really get a feel for what the house is like with just the pictures you have provided.
The writing is fine, it's the economy that sucks. I read an article that explains how people aren't going on vacation, aren't eating out, etc.





Good luck.
Take the word ';airport'; out of the title. Also, keep in mind that the people you are trying to attract are not people who are looking for a new apartment; so take out the info pertaining to the proximity to freeways. Perhaps consider choosing a less colorful main picture, to attract the more masculine type, who otherwise may be repulsed from too many colors. I live near Long Beach myself, and it seems like you're offering a great deal. Emphasize vacation type things like beaches and the restaurants, rather than airports and freeways and im sure you'll see some results. Hope this helps. Take care.
First of all, the link doesn't work. So, I went to the site and searched for 33316 which then did come up. You wanted honesty, so here goes: take the cutesy musical note border off the pictures, for starters. It blocks part of the photo. Next, one picture of the kitchen is sufficient and since it's a vacation rental I don't care that the sideboards (? does this mean countertops?) are ';original stainless steal';.. which by the way is misspelled. Add photos of all the bedrooms, living areas, and outside so I can get a real feel for the place. Everything in the house is rather outdated but since you bill it as the Enchanted Peachwood Cottage I suppose it fits its name. Would I stay there? Probably not. If I am going to pay $180/night I prefer to have maid service at a hotel, but I know many other people would rather have a house with the extra space. Best of luck to you, I hope you get many inquiries!

No comments:

Post a Comment