Friday, July 16, 2010

So how can I get financial assistance in home rental or purchase when they say I make to much and I dont?

I'm trying to rent a place close to home so my daughter can stay close to what she knows, her father and I have been together for 10 years and I refuse to live this way any more. I've tried all the local assistance programs and they say I make to much when in reality I don't! Does anyone know of any kind grant or financial assistance programs that help with housing? Any help is much appreciated!So how can I get financial assistance in home rental or purchase when they say I make to much and I dont?
I find it odd that you say it's ';Her father'; rather than ';your husband';.....are you not marrying the child's father b/c he won't marry you or so you can scam the government out of more money if you are single vs married?





If you don't have enough money on two incomes, then something is wrong with how you manage your money.





You don't need assistance, you need a budget counselor.


So how can I get financial assistance in home rental or purchase when they say I make to much and I dont?
Here's the thing, first of all you just said it yourself, you're married. They don't give assistance to people who are married, because they consider that as two incomes. That's basically you're only wall. I know someone who has kids and her boyfriend and her have been living together for 10 years and she could get financial aid for college, food everything because she was considered single because her boyfriend and her weren't married.
i see you claim to have 5 dogs 3 cats and 2 horses, yet you are asking for a handout for rent? OMG! i dont think so.





assistance is for very poor people , if you make above the poverty line society expects you to take care of yourself , i would say get a second or third job , it is easier than begging for a handout when noone thinks you deserve one
The one I am most familiar with is Section 8. It's quite a bit of paperwork and there is most likely a waiting list, but if you get approved, it does help. You might try going to www.huduser.org to find information on income limits.
dan's right financial assistance is for people who really need the money, if they say you earn too much to qualify then you do, every one wants something for nothing but somtimes you have to pay yourself
Check with your local Social Services and your local county Housing Authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment