Friday, July 16, 2010

How do I go about this home rental dilemma?

I recently divorced. Luckily the house was awarded to me and not to my wife. My ex and I are still friends and being the nice guy that I am I allowed my ex to stay in the house while I move into a 1 bdrm apartment. Its really not a big deal because my daughter is with my ex and I would rather her live in a home because I know my ex cannot afford a home on her own.





I have since found out that her new boyfriend moved in. Its been close to 6 months now that he has lived in the house rent free. What I would like to know is do I have any Iegal right to charge him back rent for living in my home? How do I go about doing this the right way?How do I go about this home rental dilemma?
tell her he pays rent or u want to move back in the house and they can go and get an house together,you and your ex are friends because she has landed on her feet,soft touch.How do I go about this home rental dilemma?
You need to ask your ex for rent starting today (no back pay - especially if you didn't ask for it when it started from day one of knowing). It has nothing to do with him, don't involve him. If you don't like the arrangements and cannot come up with a rental agreement with your ex - then you must evict her. Good luck.
You have no contract with him, so there's no way to get back rent. You probably don't have one with your ex, either, so likely there's no way to get him out.
Seems you learned nothing, until now.
You've screwed yourself, my friend. Allowing your ex to stay at a house where you pay the bills, while you live elsewhere is indeed noble. But apparently, your ex is no where near as noble towards you than you are to her. Your best bet would've been to have that as a temporary situation. Your ex should now be making her own way and not living off your support. If she has not/can not, you should have your daughter and the house. If you do not want that, your situation is as it stands.





Your intentions were in the right place but you intelligence was a bit misplaced. Hope everything works out..

No comments:

Post a Comment