Friday, July 16, 2010

Contract question for Home Rental?

I manage a rental for my parents just a few months out of the year. I sent a couple a blank contract for them to fill in the dates they wanted, etc and they put in the price. They send me back the contract for me to sign and I am suppose to send them back a copy of the ';executed'; contract.


I just noticed in the contract they put down a different price then was agreed upon.. by a few hundred dollars. I haven't signed it or sent it back to them.


My question is, can I make them sign a new contract with the real price? Is the old contract, which I hadn't signed yet.. still ';legal';??


I know I should have put the price but since I hadn't signed it, not sure if I can do anything?Contract question for Home Rental?
Your potential tennants just tried to screw you (pardon the phrase). This is an indication of their mindset and how good of a tennant he/she/they will be. Basically, they tried to either get the price lower than the agreed upon price, or tried to get one past you. The good part is, you haven't signed it, nor have you sent it back to them. So, it is NOT a contract yet. You will need to draw up a new contract with the *correct* price and make them sign it and have them have it notarized so they can't later come back to you and say ';oh, i didn't agree to that price!';





Seriously, this is the mindset of your renter... i'd steer clear and look for new tennants.





Just my opinion of course.Contract question for Home Rental?
Since you haven't signed anything, there is no contract. However, all real estate deals have to be in writing, so until you have a signed contract with the original price, there is still no contract that you can enforce. Your best bet is to call the prospective renters, discuss the agreed upon terms and send a new contract with the correct rent already filled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment